Tuesday, October 30, 2012

High School Homecoming and Pioneer Woman's Food from my Frontier Roasted Cauliflower

Here we go again.  I have fallen in the trap of life where you don't have time to turn around.  I am way behind - again - on the blog.  I feel so guilty when I don't write my blog.  That is a good thing though.  It means I really enjoy doing it!!   I miss it!

I have once again over-committed at school.  I volunteered to be the Junior Class sponsor.  I asked the officers what this meant.  They responded "Oh you only have to fill out a couple of purchase orders, and that is it!"  I actually believed them.  I will never believe them again!  This is how it went down.  How about you have to help us construct an 8 foot by 10 foot banner for Homecoming, and every time we work on it, you have to be there with us, or we will be disqualified!!  Hmmmm....... How about you have to figure out how to construct it because we are teenage girls and don't have a clue?  How about I am an adult woman and don't have a clue?  How about we want to do a design with tissue paper and chicken wire?  How about why don't we make it easy and do it on a piece of cardboard?  Oh no!!  So I had to call on Husband Fred to help with the construction.  I was at a complete loss to put it bluntly.  We had to go to Lowe's and pick out wood, chicken wire, and screws for this little project.  I was at a complete loss in Lowe's.  I don't know what a 2x4 or a 1x4 is or that there are such things as wood screws.  We then had to meet on a Saturday for Husband Fred (who moves at the speed of turtle) to screw together what seemed like 10,000 pieces of wood and chicken wire to make this very very large banner.  We finally got it done, and then had to figure out how to move it from the place where we were working on it to the school without losing the one million pieces of tissue paper.  That was fun too.  We finally got it in place for all to see.  And we got second place.  We were all quite upset if you know what I mean.  I don't think I demonstrated good sportsmanship to my little charges.  Oh well.  Now they tell me they are having a "Hoopcoming" in January for basketball season.  I am going to run and hide.

Now on to the recipe.....I am still cooking out of The Pioneer Woman's Food From my Frontier.  I love the Pioneer Woman.  That is all I am going to say about that.  The Eeny game chose Roasted Cauliflower.  I thought Yuck to myself.  I knew Food Police would be happy.  Again the Eeny Game is working because I would have NEVER tried this if it was left up to me.  Thank you Eeny Game.

You will need a head of cauliflower, salt, pepper, olive oil, butter (I used Smart Balance), and panko bread crumbs.
 
 
Cut the cauliflower into little florets, sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Place in a 400 degree oven and roast for 20 minutes.
 
Transfer the cauliflower to a baking dish and add the panko crumbs that you have mixed with melted butter to the top.  What could be better??
 
Put back in the 400 degree oven and roast for 5 minutes, and the dish will come out looking like this.  It was very good even if I must say so myself. 
 
 
Here is your recipe....
 
Roasted Cauliflower
The Pioneer Woman's Food from my Frontier
 
1 cauliflower head, cut up into pieces
1/4 C olive oil (I only used a drizzle Food Police)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 C panko bread crumbs
4 T melted butter (I used 1 T of Smart Balance Food Police)
 
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Spread the cauliflower on a large sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil.  Toss the cauliflower to coat it evenly.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes until golden brown with some darker parts. 
Add the bread crumbs to a bowl, pour on the melted butter, and mix well.  Place the cauliflower into a medium baking dish and mound the crumbs on top.  Roast for 5 minutes or until golden brown on top.
 
Now go have a great day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment