Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Why I Need to be a Paula Deen Blogger!!!

Oh yes my faithful readers.  I saw where the one and only Paula Deen is doing a search for new bloggers to add to her website.  You know I went crazy hog wild when I saw this. 

One of the criteria for consideration is that you write a post about why you need to be that blogger.  Lord have mercy.  Well here we go.  I am writing that post.

I need to be that blogger.  Paula Deen is the reason I started writing my blog.  She made me love food and feeding family and friends again.  I had gone through a period where I did not enjoy cooking or menu planning or anything of the sort.  Then I was introduced to Paula on the Food Network and immediately went "cuckoo for cocoa puffs" as they say. I started cooking up a storm. 

I got so addicted that I thought to myself  "I want to do something with food." But Self said "You don't know how to write a cookbook.  You can't have a TV show because you would turn red, stutter, and your hands would shake.  You can't own a restaurant because you don't know a thing about running a business.  Besides you are a teacher.   But the thing that you could do to satisfy this need for food is to write a blog."  Then I thought "Oh my goodness!!  There are millions of food blogs out in the nanosphere!!  How will mine be different?  Why would anyone want to read my blog?"  Then it hit me.  I would play Eeny Meeny Miny Mo with my cookbooks.  I would let the game choose the recipe, and the rest is history.  It has been one of the most rewarding undertakings of my life.    So I have to be that blogger that gets chosen.  I want to show my readers how to take a chance and enjoy food again.  I want to inspire them to try something new and laugh a little bit along the way.  After all, that is what my blog and life are all about. 

PS   Pick me, pick me, pick me!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Your blog is the first I've actually kept up with. Surprisly because I rarely cook or try new things to eat. But several of the recipes you've chosen have ended up in my pile of 'eventually I will make when then is a good chance I will see some firemen' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kari!! I appreciate the kinds words. Give the recipes a try, and let me know what you think!! When are you coming back to Body Pump???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monday if I can get on the list...if not, Wednesday. It's been a busy few weeks!

    ReplyDelete