Sunday, October 7, 2012

Internet Offers and The Pioneer Woman Cooks' Panfried Kale

You know you are getting older when your e-mail inbox becomes full of offers from the Scooter Store.  Every day I have a Scooter Store offer in my inbox.  I hope I never have to use a Scooter but if I have to, I will take command of my Scooter.  I will ride it like I am on the track at Talledega.  People will know I am coming their way on my Scooter.  I will back that Scooter up just to create that little beep-beep-beep sound.  I am not kidding either.

I got to thinking and checked out some of the other offers I have received since turning 50 about 4 years ago.  I had one from Dermatend Mole and Skin Tag Removal.  The catch is they will sell you the directions to do this at HOME!!  WHAT??!!!  Good grief.  I also have had offers to join the AARP, solve my snoring, put together a reverse mortgage, get help for my depression, hot flashes, and loss of hair, and offers for products to remove and erase wrinkles.  If I were a single lady, I could find all kinds of places to go and meet nice senior men over the age of 50.  UGH!!  I will pass on all, thank you very much.

On to the recipe...  The Eeny game chose Panfried Kale.  I was depressed about that.  I don't really go for the superfood called kale.  Of course, Food Police is all over it.  She stated in her Food Police voice that it is full of Vitamin K and beta carotene.  I told her "That is just what I need - more beta carotene and Vitamin K!  Does it have any saturated fat or carbs or sugar?!!"  She glared and countered that now people are roasting kale and eating it instead of potato chips.  WHAT??!!  People need to get a life and just eat some potato chips.

I promised that I would not cheat on the game so here we go.  I resisted, but it was really really good, and I felt super-healthy eating it.  I almost think I might like it better than turnip greens.  Oh my!!

You will need just some kale, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
 
Simply heat the oil, and add the kale, 5 cloves of garlic minced, salt and pepper.  Cook until it is wilted which is about 2 minutes. 
 
 
Here is your recipe....
 
1 large bunch of kale ( I got the Glory Brand in the bag)
3 Tbs olive oil
5-6 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
 
Thoroughly wash the kale in cold water.  Heat the olive oil in a LARGE skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the garlic and quickly stir to avoid burning the garlic.  Throw in the kale and use tongs to move it around.  Sprinkle in plenty of salt and pepper and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.  Remove and serve.
 
 
Now go have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment