Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Have Been Thinking.....

I have been writing my Eeny Meeny Miny Mo Cook blog now for over a year, and I have truly enjoyed this culinary adventure.  I have heard from many of you that you have enjoyed my stories and recipes, and I have received positive feedback from al.com that new people are reading it there.  Several of my trusted readers have said that I should continue to play the Eeny game with my cookbooks and still take pictures and write about life, but in between those posts, talk about different recipes that I am preparing for my family.  For these posts, I will just give you the recipe not the whole process of pictures and stories.  It will be just a quick "Hey, I cooked this, here's the recipe, and you need to try it."  Let me know what you think.

So let's give this a go.  Last week I made Paula's Steak Fajitas and can I say delicious plus so so easy.  I have always been afraid of flank steak, but it is my new best friend.  You just have to slice it against the grain.  Here you go....

Paula's Smoky Steak Fajitas

1 1/2 pounds flank steak
1/4 C olive oil
1 tbs fresh lime juice
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt and black pepper
1 green bell pepper, cut lengthwise into strips
1 onion, cut into slices
6 flour tortillas - 8 inches
Guacamole, salsa, and sour cream for serving

Place the steak in a Ziploc bag.  In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, jalapeno, cumin, garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper.  Pour the marinade over the steak, turning to coat all over.  Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.  Let the steak come to room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.

Preheat the grill to medium-high.  Brush the bell pepper and onion with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper.  Place the onion in a single layer in a grill basket.  Place the basket on the grill, cover, and cook turning until the onion is tender and slightly charred, 4-5 minutes per side.  Set the onion on a plate.

Place the bell pepper in a single layer in the grill basket.  Place the basket on the grill, cover, and cook, turning, until the bell pepper is tender and slightly charred, 2 - 3 minutes per side.  Set on a plate separate from the onion.

Increase the grill heat to high.  Remove the steak from the marinade, place on the grill, cover, and cook, turning once, until the steak reaches the doneness you like.  We did 5 minutes per side for medium.  Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.

Now go have a great day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment